This is nifty!
And so simple … I love this because we setup text files for all the sites that we do maintenance on and we log each change that’s done. I think this little trick is going to save us some time (and every second of time is money when you’re looking after nearly 2000 clients!)
I’m sure there are many personal uses for this too.
Here’s how it works:
- Open a blank Notepad file
- Write .LOG as the first line of the file, followed by a enter.
- Save the file and close it.
- Double-click the file to open it and notice that Notepad appends the current date and time to the end of the file and places the cursor on the line after.
- Type your notes and then save and close the file.
- Each time you open the file, Notepad repeats the process