TMI WARNING LEVEL: RED
I got tagged! By SheBee =)
Gosh, what to come up with that’s not already on my About Me page … hmmm …
Mmk, well here goes:
8 Random Personal Things About Me:
- I suffer from panic attacks. Sometimes, quite out of the blue, an intense fear grips me, my heart starts racing, I start sweating, I get hot and cold flushes, I feel dizzy and I can’t breathe. It’s really scary!
- I’ve never had a facial – I’d like to treat myself to that sometime but I’m a bit nervous about letting someone slap gunk all over my face and I wonder if it’ll be worth it. I’ve had manicures before, but I always feel like I’ve wasted my time and money, that I do a much better job myself. For free. Not that I ever get time to fuss about my nails anymore, so these days I just keep them short and clean. I can’t type with long nails anyway and nail polish doesn’t last 5 minutes on me, I’m a bit rough on my hands.
- I’ve never had a wax either, come to think of it! But I do practice Daily Hair Removal … everywhere =)
- I recently came to the rather disturbing realization that I am older than 95% of the people I know. Yikes!! I don’t like the thought of getting old one little bit. My ego rather enjoys being mistaken for Son#1′s sister hehe … (I know it’s not going to last forever, I’m just milking it while I can, mmk?)
- Even though I am a smoker, I can’t stand other people’s smoke or dirty ashtrays around me. Is that weird? I think I’m a really considerate smoker – I’m always really careful not to smoke near anyone who may get offended. I don’t have a problem with not smoking for a while if need be. Otherwise, I normally get through at least 20 of my Kent Menthols a day. Yes, I’ve tried to quit before … I think if ever did manage to became a non-smoker, I’d probably land up being one of those really irritating ex-smokers who’s always in your face about how you should give up. You know the type, right?
- I look like absolute HELL in the mornings – you do NOT want to see me when I wake up. Take my word for it.
- I’m a 32D – I had an “upgrade” about 2 years ago LOL – unfortunately breastfeeding two hungry boys and my over-the-hilllness left me a bit deflated, you know =) Now I’m thinking about having a lift done, but limited finances plus the idea of being scarred is preventing that from happening any time soon. Perhaps I’ll do it in a couple of years, for my 40th or something. We’ll see …
- I’ve always wanted somebody to throw me a big fat surprise birthday party!! I think that would be so cool =) I absolutely LOVE birthdays.
SheBee is wonderful! (I was told to say that wahaha!!!)
No, really, she’s one of those crazy extrovert people who regularly call a spade a shovel. And I love that =)
Like most of those I’ve hooked up with, The Bee has warmly welcomed me into the South African online community with no elitist bullshit or painfully annoying symptoms of a superiority complex. That totally turns me off. She’s not into any pissing contests; she just has no skaam and calls things how she sees them, irreverent as that may be. Sure, it gets her attention, but it’s not in a (bad) way that makes you think she’s showing off or trying too hard. She’s just simply being herself, the Crazy Bee.
For me, interacting with SheBee is refreshing and very worthwhile. I read her blog every day, have done for a while now and recently started leaving a few comments – it took me some time (and a few deep, fear-swallowing breaths) to de-lurk =) She always manages to make me smile and sometimes her vulnerability and depth of perception about life and people takes me by surprise and makes me think about stuff I would otherwise disregard. I would really like to meet her one day and talk shit over a Pina Colada or 6.
Mmk, according to The Rules*, I now need to tag 8 other people.
There are loads of people I am REALLY curious to know more about and I *wish* I could tag them all, but I’m limited by numbers and obviously I have to choose bloggers who have some kind of personal element to their writings …
You have until Friday =)
* The Rules, as per SheBee:
- Name 8 random things about yourself personally that your readers wouldn’t otherwise know
- Tell me how wonderful I am before you tag 8 other bloggers
- Think long and hard about if your random 8′s are personal enough. If I tag you, you know how curious I am, so judge it by my standards, not yours.